Life is way too short to go through it hating people. I don’t hate anyone, however there are things that I hate. I have decided to get it all out of my system.
1. Gravy. I hate gravy, it is disgusting, how anyone can even put that in their mouth is beyond me. It’s made from flour and water. Do you know what else is made with flour and water? Paste. If you eat gravy you’re eating paste.
2. Ketchup. I do like tomatoes but allure of ketchup escapes me. It looks like your food is bleeding. Bloody french fries? No thank you.
3. Mayonnaise. White, globby, mess. That’s what that is. There’s a scene in one of my favorite movies, Undercover Brother, where Denise Richards plops mayonnaise on a sandwich. I literally cannot watch that scene. I cover my eyes every single time.
4. Lavender. The oil and the color. It makes me physically ill, the oil, the color just makes me cringe. I love dark, royal purple.
5. Liver. The smell is putrid and the way it looks on a plate is, well, Silence of the Lambs inducing. Just gross.
6. Reality shows. One caveat, if Dean Cain is in it, best show ever. Case in point, Stars earn Stripes. And here you thought I couldn’t work my gratuitous Dean reference in. Oh ye of little faith. Seriously though, I love scripted tv, I love a plot, good acting, good directing. Story telling.
7. Fox network. I will forever hold them in disdain for canceling Firefly and the Dollhouse. UPN and the WB for canceling Buffy. Have I mentioned my love of Joss Whedon?
8. Non-seasonal weather. Heat in fall? No thank you. Snow in the spring? Well, yes, I do love that. So it’s just the heat I am fighting with.
That’s it for now. I would love to hear what you hate. You can tell me here or message me at email@example.com.