Ok, so, a friend of mine at work gave me the challenge of writing down 20 of my favorite words. These are not in any particular order. Buckle up, here we go:
1. Delicious. Try it, say the word. It just feels good in your mouth.
2. Mom. The word itself has so many meanings for me. I adored my mom and I love being a mom.
3. Jesus. The word brings up images of my salvation. I don’t like to think of what my life would be without that word.
4. Super. I love how a plain day can become a super day, how something cute could become super cute. It lends a little extra.
5. Vegetable. I can’t say it correctly but I love the word. I like saying it.
6. Breakfast. I just like the way it feels saying it.
7. Friendship. Such a simple word to express so much.
8. Bargain. Who doesn’t love that word! it says so much more than simply sale.
9. Investigation. It’s complex and so much is conveyed in one word.
10. Freedom. It invokes a feeling that is larger than I. The minute I say it I see eagles, American flags and for some reason a lake.
11. Empress. So much more than a mere queen. There is power in this word.
12. Whedon. The mere mention of this word invokes so many of my favorite escapisms.
14. Redemption. We all need redemption from one thing or another and we all strive to redeem ourselves.
15. Gigi. It’s the word that is second sweetest to my ear.
16. Love. There are so many types of love. Romantic love, which has never been directed towards me, unrequited love, which I have for Dean Cain, unconditional love which I have for my children.
17. Ubiquitous. It just feel delicious in your mouth. Say it out loud.
18. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Because the sound of it is simply quite precocious. We had to spell that in the third grade. I’ve never forgotten it.
19. Hello. It’s a beginning and there is nothing better than a beginning.
20. Evidently. I just love the way it sounds. With the right tone it can convey so much.
There you have it, my top 20 words. I would add one more, whatever. I can do a lot with that word.
What are some of your favorite words?